Email: email@example.com Phone: 312.784.7249
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Resources
The US Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR industrial program promotes energy efficiency through strategic energy management and assists hundreds of industrial manufacturers through offering a unique set of resources. These ready-to-use resources are easily adoptable for all manufacturing operations of any size and for use in public programs that help such organizations sustain energy efficiency, save money, and reduce emissions. All of the following resources can be found online at www.energystar.gov/industry.
Key ENERGY STAR for Industry resources include:
- Energy management program development guidance and tools
- Energy guides and other technical tools and resources that identify energy efficiency opportunities
- Plant energy efficiency benchmarking tools such as Energy Performance Indicators and the Energy Tracking Tool
- Networking and sharing of best practices among industry’s energy managers through Industrial Focuses
- Recognition opportunities to celebrate energy efficiency achievements
Energy Management Program Development
- ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management – Guidance for developing a company energy management system.
- Energy Program Assessment Matrix – Evaluate your company’s energy program.
- Facility Energy Management Assessment Matrix – Evaluate your site’s energy management practices.
- Energy Management Assessment Matrix for Small Companies – Simplified version of the matrices.
- Teaming Up To Save Energy – Guidance on how to build an energy team.
- Energy Strategy for Road Ahead – Examine the importance for developing an energy strategy.
Technical Guides and Benchmarking Tools & Resources
- Energy Guides – Technical guides for finding energy savings in plants.
- Energy Treasure Hunt Guide – Guidance for finding low and no cost savings opportunities
- Small and Medium Sized Manufacturers’ Guide – How to apply the Guidelines for Energy Management for small/mid-sized manufacturers.
- Plant Energy Performance Indicators – Sector-specific plant energy performance benchmarking tools.
- Energy Tracking Tool – Energy tracking & goal setting tool for manufacturing sites and companies.
- Benchmarking To Save Energy – Guidance on how to benchmark a site’s energy performance.
- ENERGY STAR Plant Certification – Awarded to qualifying plants for superior energy performance nationally.
- ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry – Recognizes sites that achieve a 10% reduction in energy intensity within 5 years. The Challenge for Industry is open to any manufacturing plant.
For specific industries, ENERGY STAR convenes “Industrial Focuses”, with over 25 manufacturing industries & sub-sectors currently participate in ENERGY STAR Industrial Focuses. These industrial focuses development industry-specific energy efficiency guidance and plant benchmarking tools.
See energy efficiency guides by industry below:
- Cement manufacturing
- Wet corn milling
- Dairy processing
- Food processing
- Glass manufacturing
- Iron and steel manufacturing
- Motor vehicle manufacturing
- Petroleum refining
- Petrochemical manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Pulp and paper manufacturing
- Ready mix concrete manufacturing (A "quick guide" is also available)
- Small and medium manufacturing enterprises
- Textile manufacturing
See Plant Energy Performance Indicators (EPIs) by industry below:
- Automobile Assembly EPI
- Cement Manufacturing EPI
- Container Glass Manufacturing EPI
- Cookie and Cracker EPI
- Flat Glass Manufacturing EPI
- Frozen Fried Potato Processing EPI
- Integrated Paper and Paperboard Manufacturing EPI
- Juice Processing EPI
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing EPI
- Pulp Mill EPI
- Wet Corn Milling EPI